Recently, the kids and I were having lunch with a friend and her four-year-old son. During lunch, we overheard this conversation:
Eric: "Braden, does your dad have a sword?"
Braden: "Does my dad have a what?" (Eric has a little trouble with vowels and "r" sounds, so sometimes he has to repeat himself)
Eric: "A sword, does your dad have a sword?"
Braden: "no"
Eric: "My dad has a sword" (his Navy ceremonial sword)
Braden: "Is your dad a pirate?"
Anna: "no, he's not a pirate, he's a, well he just goes to work everyday"
I guess we should tell the kids a little more about Daddy's work, at least what we can. I explained that Dad is an Engineer for Lockheed Martin. Of course, this brought on all sorts of questions about driving trains. This will just have to do for now!
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
john and I got a good laugh from that one.
Post a Comment