Sunday, February 22, 2009

Eric....

We could seriously have an Eric "quote of the day". I don't think I'll go that far, but I would like to post a few of his more funny moments from the past couple of weeks.

A couple of weeks ago, on a beautiful day in February, the kids and I spent the day at the zoo. While we were there, I treated the kids to a ride on the carousel. (This was Daniel's first ride on a carousel, but since I was alone I couldn't take any pictures.) The kids chose to ride on Polar Bears that were next to each other and to name them during the ride. Anna named her bear "Poley" and Eric named his "Cowboy". As we were walking to the exit, I noticed that Eric was hanging his head and looking very sad, so I asked, "sweetie, what is wrong?". Eric answered, "I'm just gonna miss Cowboy". It was so cute!

For Valentine's my grandfather, the kids' "Great Daddy" sent them each a card with a personal note in it. Eric brought me his card and asked if I would read it to him. in the middle of my reading, Eric said, "I think I'm going to cry". It was so sweet!

Today after I returned from a weekend away at a women's retreat, each kid greeted me and then went back to what they were doing. A few minutes later Eric ran by me and out of the blue said, "Mom, I really missed you".

Eric is certainly our "feeler" in the family and likes to share his emotions. This is so new to us because Anna keeps her feelings very close to her heart and doesn't share them very often. It is so neat to see how God made each of our children different but still special in their own way. We are certainly blessed to have the babies that we do and I pray that we won't forget that for even one day of our lives!

No comments: