Sunday, August 10, 2008

Going to Grandpa's and Grandma's Farm

As many of you know, we make an annual trip to the farm in Iowa in August. This is the first year that Eric is REALLY excited about going to see his grandparents. We are leaving in the afternoon on Sunday, but had to be packed on Saturday for Dad to pack the car. The kids packed their own suitcases EARLY on Saturday morning and begged all day to put them in the car. As I got curious about what was in the suitcases, I knew I had to share this with you! These are the contents of Anna's suitcase. She did a pretty good job and was prepared for day and night and LOTS of reading, although I am not sure how practical the black patent shoes are for the farm.
Here are the contents of Eric's suitcase:


  • His stuffed snake, named "Snakey" (how original)

  • 2 pair of pajamas

  • 3 pair of shoes

  • pack of water balloons

  • compass

  • 1 pull-up (apparently he isn't as worried about his potty-training as Mom is)

  • Uno cards

  • and an Italian - English dictionary (I guess he was worried about what language might be spoken in Iowa. I could understand if we were headed south to visit my family, as his Dad has had some translation problems there in the past!)

So cute!!



I wish I knew how to move these pictures around for a better layout, but at least you can see them!


We are leaving town around 2:00pm today and will see if we can make it all the way to the farm. We may be stopping along the way, it depends on how well the kids travel tonight. The kids are super excited! The keep talking about all the things they want to do on the farm and at the fair. Both kids want to milk a cow at the fair, if you know my kids I know you are laughing that they want to get that close to an animal, so we will see how that goes! Yesterday, Eric told me that he wanted to milk a "boy cow", so we had to have a little talk about that. At least he is familiar with breast-feeding and how only a mommy does that. Of course, he has offered to "feed Daniel from the milk in his belly" before and we had to have a little talk about that, too. Oh, it never ends around here!!


Hopefully, I can post some super cute pics after this trip! Maybe I can even figure out how to do this a little better!


No comments: