Now We Are Six
Author: A.A. Milne
When I was one,
I had just begun.
When I was two,
I was nearly new.
When I was three,
I was hardly me.
When I was four,
I was not much more.
When I was five,
I was just alive.
But now I am six,
I'm as clever as clever.
So I think I'll be six
now and forever.
My oldest turned 6 this week. I thought that this birthday would be a huge milestone as I watch her move from preschooler to elementary school kid, but surprisingly it hasn't been difficult. I remember when she was a toddler thinking that I wouldn't be able to stand her, or any of the children, growing up, but it isn't so bad. Yes, those newborn days are so sweet, cuddling with your little miracle. Then there is the crawling, laughing, exploring stage that you think is just the best ever. Next comes the toddler years, and for me I waffled between thinking it was the most fun time to wondering how long we would have to endure them. After that, the "big kid" stage, at 3 and 4 they are still so cute, but growing up. Now, being with Anna is just as much fun and just as wonderful as all the other stages. I love hearing her share her thoughts with me, watching her accomplish new feats, hearing her read and seeing her grow into a sweet little girl. I wonder if my mom had these same thought as I grew from a little girl, to teenager, and now a mom.
Happy 6th Birthday my sweet Anna! I love you!
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment