Friday, March 13, 2009

Children's Music Academy



Anna and I have started a new class at Children's Music Academy. We go each Wednesday for an hour and will continue to do so for the next 3 1/2 years. We have several friends who have gone through this program with their children and have been very pleased with it. There are 10 other boys and girls in the class and a parent has to attend and participate with them. The teacher, Miss Tira, is great and she incorporates catchy songs for the kids to learn music fundamentals. The kids participate in circle time, piano time and then go back to a keyboard to practice a new skill while the parent helps them. Each week we have "home fun", not to be confused with homework, and Anna gets to play on a keyboard borrowed from friends. We hope to start Eric in a year or so and then Daniel a couple of years after that. I haven't been brave enough to take my camera in the class, but I included a photo of Anna with her CMA messenger bag as we are getting ready to leave for class. (oh, Anna has started doing her own hair, it looks like this most days. I am not sure what she is doing with the bangs, but she is pretty proud of herself for doing it so we are letting her go with it.)

No comments: