I know I have stolen this quote from someone, but I don't now who. I just know I have heard it over the years. This quote comes to me often these days as for some reason Africa is on my mind, no on my heart, much of the time. So how can we be "Happy at Home" knowing there are such horrible things going on in the world? Here is the latest blog I have found on Africa. This one is heart wrenching, I'll warn you up front, as it deals child soldiers in the Congo.
www.fallingwhistles.com/story/story.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=575&width=960
I know there is a way to live in the US without being riddled with daily guilt and also be aware of what social injustice (can't believe I just used those words, but that's another post) happens in the world. Now I just have to find that balance and what God wants me to do in response.
Thanks for caring for the broken in the world with me!
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Never answered your question the other day! Yes...I bought that book and I think it'd be PERFECT for you to connect w/ Jewish friends and such a great witness as it brings in our Savior! Hope you are doing well!!!!!!! It's a homeschool type book but very informative and full of ideas!
Hi there!
I'm so sorry I never responded to your MFW question! I'm going through my e-mail now and found your comment in my inbox.
Would you mind to e-mail me at thehomespunheart (at) hotmail (dot) com so I can answer you?
Thanks!
Monica
hey i didn't know you had a blog...good stuff. need more please.
Hey Kym! Just checked out your blog. Love getting to hear your heart through your writing!
Yes, Africa is full of really hard things and the enemy does have a very firm grip on this continent, but there are wonderful stories, too!
Consider the group of teenage boys who wanted to hold an all night prayer vigil. The elders in their church wouldn't let them, so they fasted for a week, then came together all day Sunday to pray for the opportunity to have a lock-in prayer night. The elders relented and they did exactly that-- prayed all night...TEENAGE boys!
Or the former mslm chief who has such a passion for Jesus now, he's going from village to village evangelizing, then coming back to his village to meet with the missionary and learn more so he can go out the next day and do it again!
Or the woman who left a comfortable home in Nairobi,sold her house and moved to the slum so she could care for the orphans who were roaming the streets there.
God is at work here. I see it every day. There is still much darkness, but His light can't be dimmed!
Have a piece of pie for me at mom's night, 'K?
Julie
Post a Comment