Sunday, March 30, 2008

Baptisms all around!






Today was a special day in our happy household! My husband and three children were baptized just after my husband and I joined the church. It was a day for the LORD to be praised!! We have attended this church since just after moving to Colorado almost 3 years ago and have finally made the commitment to become members. As we reflect on our time here, we are so thankful for how He led us to Deer Creek Church (thanks John!) and how He made it clear through the years that He wanted us to stay there.



Even though he has been a Christ follower for some time, Kevin had never been baptized, so he went first. It was so humbling to listen to the pastor as he baptized the children knowing that they can have the promise on salvation through Christ and that God has entrusted their little hearts, minds and bodies to my husband and me to train through the years. I mean, why me?? I am such a sinner and totally incapable of raising them sufficiently without the help of Christ! I am so thankful that we can have His help in this huge task set before us.



We were so privilaged to have our "Colorado Family" with us both at church and at our home afterwards. When we purchased this house almost 3 years ago, I envisioned days just like today. We had 5 families over for lunch and play! Our little ones were so excited to have 7 little friends over to spend the afternoon. (yes, we had 12 adults, 1 teenager and 10 kiddos for lunch) It was loud, a little chaotic, but so much fun!! We look forward to many more days like today.

Today was a day I didn't want to end! I will treasure my memories from today for many years to come.

No comments: